Tuesday 7 June 2016

My thoughts on BMY3001 overall


Assalamualaikum and Hi everybody. This may be my last reflective journal for this course. BMY 3001 Microbiology. I personally feel that I started to develop my love for this course. At the beginning, it was quite difficult for me to catch up with the syllabus, but as time goes by, I realised that this course is not that hard. The way Dr Wan Zuhainis taught me really help me to understand and try to look for more information by myself. Learning is all about striving to become the better you, thus, I really appreciate Dr Wan’s effort by forcing to BYOD (bring our own device) to class. Dr Wan uses a lot of interactive teaching tools that make the class interesting and cheerful. I can say that I laughed a lot during Dr Wan’s class because her joke is very funny. I just can’t stop laughing. But at the same time, I did not neglect my studies. I tried to understand I tried to read the notes before class. And I also will try to answer questions asked by Dr Wan in the class.

 One of the teaching tools that I remember is Kahoot.it. Wow I never knew the existence of such interesting online game. I will surely recommend Kahoot.it to my friends. Other than that, Dr Wan also asked us to create a game about chosen topic. We must think creatively to make the game fun but educational at the same time. As my group chose musical chair game, I hope my fellow classmates enjoy the game as much as I do.

Well, Dr Wan is not going to teach me forever, until Week 7, Dr Fairol came by and taught us. Dr Fairol was also as interesting as Dr Wan. Dr Fairol will try her best to not make the class look boring. She will ask us what we want to do to wash away our sleepy head. Doing a group mind map is very good actually. It boost our mind and forced us to brainstorm about the whole topic. By doing a mindmap actually helps me a lot. I learned a lot from the mindmap that I do. It is a group mindmap thus each of us will contribute to the mind map. I love mind map. Mind map is very useful when I want to study at the last minute. I can just refer to the mind map and understand the whole topic.



Overall, thanks to both lecturers, Dr Wan Zuhainis and Dr Fairolniza for your efforts and everything to me along this semester. I will surely remember you two as you always encourage me to love microbiology as much as Drs do. I love Dr Wan and Dr Fairol to the moon and back. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment